Sunday, April 14, 2013

Functional Programming vs Imperative Programming (MSDN)


Below is a great article about functional programming using Microsoft Products. I don't agree with the endorsement of F# or LINQ over XSLT. It is worth noting, however, that F# and LINQ are Microsoft products whereas XSLT is opensource, not married to any platform and is older and more tested than F# and LINQ combined. I would not want people using XSLT if I were Microsoft either. That said, I am extremely pleased to read about Microsoft's endorsement of functional programming! You will be too when I get back to you about that missing CLR. ;)

Functional Programming vs. Imperative Programming (MSDN 2013)


--ab

The new xmlsqlninja logo ('X-M-L'-'See-Quel' 'ninja')

Last Updated: 5/1/2013 (formatting)

No comments:

Post a Comment